Wednesday, June 22, 2005

More on the Wedding

We had the bachelorette party Monday night for my sister-in-law to-be, Amanda. One of her 5 sisters, Adrienne, organized it. A good time was had by all. The 17 of us at the party took a trip down the Mississippi River on the steamboat Natchez, then went to the world famous Cafe du Monde for beignets and cafe au lait before getting back to the parking lot via the historic New Orleans streetcars. The only bad thing about the evening was that I seemed to have gotten bitten by something - a spider, I believe - and had an allergic reaction to it because now my left ankle has swelled so much it looks like a golf ball is in there. If it doesn't go down tonight, I'll probably have to go to the doctor tomorrow so I can actually fit into my shoes for the rehearsal dinner and wedding.