Tuesday, July 05, 2005

If It's July, It's Fantasy Month

OK, so I guess Batman really isn't considered fantasy...but I did go see Batman Begins with my dad Saturday night and it was excellent. I was totally engaged in the whole movie and thought it had some great themes. It will make for a good comparision with The Dark Knight Returns, a graphic novel by Frank Miller we're reading for our July book of the month here at CGT and at Catholicae Testudines. Discussion of it should start July 15. As for our June book, John Paul's Memory and Identity, I didn't do such a great job leading the discussion of it, but even though June is over, I still have some thoughts on it to post and will do so soon.

In addition, we here at the Schneidau household are gearing up for the July 16 for the release of the 6th Harry Potter book: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. I'm rereading The Order of the Phoenix right now and I think my dad, sister and I are going to head over to Barnes and Noble on July 15 for their midnight release party complete with wearing faux Harry Potter glasses. Come to think of it, I'm not so sure HP is technically in the "fantasy" category, either...but oh well.