Monday, August 29, 2005

Hurricane Party

Well, not really. But I'm missing my family a bit because they're all gathered in Houston right now to escape the hurricane. Last night they had a big spaghetti dinner together, while I ate leftovers in my apartment alone watching TV worrying about them. I wish I could be with them. Stuffed into extra beds at the homes of extended family members are: My mom, my dad, my sister, my brother, my sister-in-law, her parents, her grandmother, her grandmother's friend, her two younger sisters and younger brother, my parents' friends (husband and wife), their daughter, their grandmother and two rabbits.

Thankfully, New Orleans missed the absolute worst of the storm, and we don't know yet how my parents' house in Slidell is doing, but gratefully everyone is OK. But please keep your prayers going to Our Lady of Prompt Succor that all rescue efforts will be successful, that emergency crews will be protected in their work in the coming days and that all those returning home to Louisiana and the rest of the Gulf Coast will be cooperative with authorities, safe on the highways and know that God will be with them whatever they find - or don't find - when they get back home.

Here are some bloggers covering Katrina from the storm-ravaged areas. Via Terry Teachout.