Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Katrina and the Little Sisters of the Poor

I received this e-mail today from Sr. Julie of the Little Sisters of the Poor and thought I'd pass it on to you. This is a wonderful order of religious women who humbly serve Our Lord in the elderly and infirm. Please keep the sisters and those they care for in your prayers at this very difficult time:

Someone directed me to your blog, and this is the first chance I've had to
contact you. I looked at it a couple of weeks ago, and hadn'treturned until
today, when I read all of your entries about Hurricane Katrina. We've been
affected by Katrina also. We have homes for the elderly poor all over the US
(including Baltimore and DC), and the Sisters and Residents in the home in New
Orleans had to evacuate to Baton Rouge the other day. They've had a rough time of
it, but all are alive, thank God. Today is the feast day of our Mother
Foundress, Blessed Jeanne Jugan, and we are thanking her and Our Lady of Prompt
Succor in a special way for watching over our homes in New Orleans and Mobile the
past few days. I hope that all of your family are doing ok; I'd be interested to
find out if you know our Little Sisters down there(or up here, for that matter).
God bless!


More info on the Little Sisters of the Poor, Bl. Jeanne Jugan